BASIC TRAINING FOR MEDIATORS
Learning mediation skills and techniques, improving communication and negotiation skills, managing and resolving disputes, gaining confidence in using mediation in dispute resolution.
This training is organized in accordance with the Rulebook on the Training Program for Mediators, adopted by the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Serbia, and is one of the conditions for obtaining the license to mediate and the entry into the Ministry’s official Registry of Mediators.
The five-day training (25 working hours) is conducted only by accredited organizations and institutions. The list of those organizations is available on the Ministry’s website. Upon completion of the basic training, mediators can attend various professional training and specialization.
- The Concept and Types of Alternative Dispute Resolution Techniques
- Legal Framework for the Use of Mediation (Relevant Domestic Legislation and Comparative Legal Solutions)
- How to Understand, Approach and Analyze a Conflict
- Communication Skills
- Concept, Principles and Stages of Mediation
- Preparing for Mediation, Stages of Mediation and the Role of Mediators
- Negotiation Skills, Overcoming Obstacles, Reaching an Agreement
- “Best Case Practice” of Mediators from the USA and Europe, Practical Examples, Role Play and Simulations
- Mediator’s Code of Conduct and Ethics
• Blazo Nedic, lawyer, regional mediator of the World Bank, president of the National Association of Mediators of Serbia (NUMS)
• Dragana Cuk Milankov, psychologist, mediator, Center for Alternative Conflict Resolution (CARS)
• Jelena Arsic, phD, mediator, Faculty of Law, University of Union
For all information about registration for this training, please contact us by phone 011/3231 552, or by e-mail at email@example.com.